CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is currently seeking individuals interested in the position of Basic Needs Supervisor.
The Basic Needs Supervisor supports the administration of services to Johnson County households to assist with basic needs such as food, clothing, local transportation, housing, utilities, prescriptions, new employment, and identification. They are responsible for facilitating the daily operations of the Food Bank Department with unconditional positive regard and ensuring quality service delivery to all community members. This position reports to the Basic Needs Coordinator and must work collaboratively with the Food Bank Supervisor to facilitate the volunteer experience with a strengths-based approach. The Basic Needs Supervisor should be passionate about asserting human dignity, reducing food insecurity, and providing trauma-informed support. This position is part time hourly, 20 hours a week.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to respond immediately and constructively to crisis situations in a calm, positive manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and electronic databases
- Possesses personal attributes such as professionalism, integrity, enthusiasm, respect, and humor
- Must be able to work the hours: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 12:00pm – 5:00pm and Saturday 9:00am -2:00pm.
Some post-secondary education and/or one year of experience in a volunteer-driven social service organization. Dual fluency in English and Spanish, French, and/or Arabic is desired. Applicant must be detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
Wage: Part time hourly position: $14.00 to $15.46 hourly, rate based on experience, benefit package available
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com with “Basic Needs Supervisor” as the subject, or by mail to:
Allison Bettine, Basic Needs Coordinator
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240-4528.
Application deadline: Thursday, May 7, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
Position start date: Friday, May 22, 2020.
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.