If you are looking for a rewarding position in which you are supported by your teammates, able to collaborate with other agencies, support the community, and help individuals and families experiencing a crisis, please keep reading!
Working for CommUnity Crisis Services & Food Bank can be summed up in one word: support.
CommUnity team members support each other through everyday tasks, major life events, and everything in between. We work with other local and national organizations to support our community. And, above all, we equip our team members with the proper training and tools to confidently support clients in their most vulnerable moments and
times of greatest need.
CommUnity fosters flexible work schedules, and strongly emphasizes a culture of value and recognition of team members for their hard work, dedication, accomplishments, and experience. Every call and every day is a little different from the last.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is an exciting opportunity to join our organization in a vital leadership role, lead a dynamic team, and have a positive impact on the community through your work! The Crisis Intervention Operations Coordinator I coordinates the daily operations of the 24-hour Crisis Intervention Program including promoting the mission and vision of the organization through support, supervision and training of the crisis intervention team members.
Roles and Responsibilities: Responsibilities of this position include supervision, support, and evaluation of the 24-hour crisis phone, chat and text services team, ensuring coverage for 24/7 crisis intervention services, assisting with volunteer training and supervision, providing ongoing training to staff and volunteers, scheduling, data collection, and counseling as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field and minimum one year of experience in a human services organization, OR
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or High School diploma in a non-human services- related field with a minimum of two years of experience in behavioral or mental health services, and 30 hours of crisis and mental health in-service training, OR
- Other Chapter 24 Accreditation standards for crisis response staff hiring (see Iowa Code 441—24.24(225C) for more details)
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Supervisory and teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, counseling skills, administrative skills, etc.
- Ability to model a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach
- Experience making presentations to groups
- Dependable transportation and insurable under agency liability insurance
- Complete mandatory training programs at first available opportunity
- Strong analytical and systems-focused background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends and overnights to provide training sessions, speaking engagements, and to respond to call center emergency situations. Must have the ability to report to work quickly in emergencies
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Individual and group counseling skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and social media
- Knowledge of local, regional and national resources
- Ability to act as a role model for staff, volunteers and interns
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stressful situations
- Appreciation for providing developmental opportunities for volunteers and crisis intervention staff
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to working with a team of professionals
- Familiarity with suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention
- Personal attributes such as professionalism, commitment to self-improvement and development, friendliness, tact, enthusiasm, creativity, sensitivity, sense of humor, and honesty
Full time salary position: $35,568 – 40,078 depending on experience
Benefit Package includes:
- Health Insurance ($148 per month for self)
- Dental Insurance ($2 per month for self)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and/or Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off including vacation, sick and personal days
- Holiday Leave
- Long-Term Disability Policy
- Life Insurance Policy
- AD&D Policy
- Employees receive a retirement match of up to 5% of salary from CommUnity after one
- We place high value on Work/Life Balance in our organization. With this position there
is the potential for a hybrid schedule; alternating between remote and days on-site.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume electronically to
email@example.com with “Crisis Intervention Operations Coordinator” as the subject line, or by mail to:
Ryan Dickson, Crisis Intervention Manager
1121 S. Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Application deadline: Friday, November 19, 2021 by 5:00 pm
**CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer**