The Crisis Intervention Department Manager is responsible for general oversight of the operations and activities of the department, including the 24/7 crisis phone/chat/text services. This position includes staff and volunteer management, program and service quality oversight and improvement, and working directly with clients in crisis situations.
Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, plus 2 years of staff management experience
- 1 year of mental health services experience
- Ability to model a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach
- Effective oral, written, computer, and group presentation communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and using electronic databases
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
Desired qualifications include experience in a volunteer-driven social service organization.
Full time salary position: $45,000 – $51,000 depending on experience
Excellent benefit package includes paid vacation and sick leave, 401k retirement plan along with employee health and dental coverage and life/accidental insurance. Employee copay is required for some plans.
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com with “Crisis Intervention Program Manager” as the subject line, or by mail to:
Sarah Witry, Director of Services
1121 S. Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Friday, July 10 by 12:00 PM