CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is seeking two individuals interested in the position of Development Associate. These are two half-time positions that cover Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with one Development Associate working mornings and one working afternoons.
The Development Associate is responsible for administrative support, answering phones, processing and reconciling financial donations, data entry, and assisting with special projects as needed. This position includes answering the Food Bank phone line, which entails answering questions about services and completing some requests over the phone. This position will work as part of a team and must be self-motivated and detail-oriented. This position reports to the Development Operations Manager.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- A minimum of one year in an administrative support role, nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated success in data entry, basic bookkeeping, money handling and clerical tasks
- An understanding of nonprofit structure and best practices
- Demonstrated track record of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check
Half-time hourly position (20 hours per week): $14.00 – $15.46 depending on experience. Benefit package available.
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume to:
Jessica Lien, Development Operations Manager
1121 S. Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240
Application deadline: April 12, 2019 5:00 p.m.