The Crisis Center Food Bank & Emergency Assistance Programs provide assistance to Johnson County families to help with basic needs such as food, clothing, local transportation, housing, utilities, prescriptions, employment and identification. The Food Bank Floor Manager is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the Food Bank program and its volunteers in a fun, fast-paced work environment. Included in this position are the training and onboarding of Food Bank volunteers, direct client services, and clerical duties. Ideal candidates have previous leadership experience and enjoy interacting with people of diverse ages and backgrounds and working as part of a team. Applicants must be energetic, self-motivated, organized, and have strong communication and leadership skills. This position reports to the Food Bank Coordinator.
Employment Status: Hourly, part-time 20 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible based on availability, but applicants must be available to work Mondays 11:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Tuesdays 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM, and Fridays 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Wage: $12.00-$13.50 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Addresses any volunteer questions/concerns that arise during shifts
- Assists Food Bank Coordinator to interview, orient, train and supervise Food Bank volunteers
- Provides direct client services and answers client questions in person and on the phone
- Helps volunteers receive donations and stock the pantry, regularly unloading trucks and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Develops and maintains volunteer personnel files
- Data entry and filing of volunteer and client records
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Education and Experience:
Some post-secondary education in social work or a related field and one year of experience in a
volunteer-driven social service organization is preferred. Dual fluency in English and Spanish, French,
and/or Arabic is desired.
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to respond immediately and constructively to crisis situations in a calm, positive manner
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and electronic databases
To apply, please send a resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Food Bank
Floor Manager” as the subject line, or by mail to:
Food Bank Coordinator
The Crisis Center of Johnson County
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240-4528
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 22.
The Crisis Center of Johnson County is an equal opportunity employer.