POSITION OVERVIEW: The Phone Lead/Supervisor is responsible for answering Lifeline calls, providing on-site supervision, support, and some on-the-job training to Crisis Intervention Specialists at CommUnity.
Crisis Intervention Phone Leads serve as the immediate support people for people in crisis on the phone. The Phone Leads are responsible for clarifying policies and procedures, making judgment calls on high risk contacts, supporting the Crisis Intervention Specialists through stressful contacts, maintaining the call room facilities, conducting administrative tasks as assigned, and providing feedback to counseling staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services or equivalent and minimum 1 year previous experience working in a social service agency;
- Or Bachelor’s Degree in non-human services, or Associate’s Degree, or High School Diploma plus two years’ experience in behavioral/mental health;
- Successful Completion of CommUnity’s Crisis Intervention Training, ASIST, and other mandatory trainings within 6 months of hire
- Familiarity with suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention
- Commitment to accessibility, caring, and nonjudgmental provision of services
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Knowledge of community resources
- Bi-lingual experience is desirable
- Experience assisting people with relationship difficulties, depression, stress, extreme poverty, mental illnesses, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to working with a team of professionals
- Valid Iowa driver’s license and dependable transportation
Full Time, Monday – Friday, 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM; $14.00 – $15.77/hour depending on experience
Persons interested in this position should email their cover letter and resume to: Sarah McNee, HR Director, at email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, July 2nd, 2021 by 5:00 pm
**CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer**