Please note that in person gatherings are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. We are instead recommending virtual alternatives to our regular groups.
Our support groups are free and meet in Iowa City. For more information, please contact Rochelle Honey-Arcement (319-351-2726 ext. 132).
- Coping with Suicide Loss Support Group – for those who have lost a loved one or friend to suicide, meets the 1st Thursday of each month.
- Meetings for this group will be taking place virtually via Zoom. Contact Rochelle Honey-Arcement at 319-351-2726 ext. 132 for more information. Visit this link to find other online Coping with Suicide Loss support groups.
- Hearing Voices and Special Messages Group – a safe space where individuals who hear voices or have other unusual experiences can find social support and a sense of belonging, meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
- In-person meetings for this group are temporarily suspended. Please visit this link to find an online Hearing Voices group.
- STOP Support Group – Secondary Trauma of Providers is a safe and confidential space for providers to meet and process their experiences of working with people with trauma.We are relaunching our group for providers to focus on self care and creating community. Healthy Johnson County provided a grant to allow CommUnity Crisis Services to expand our group’s mission and focus on experiencing a variety of avenues to self care. Over the next year, we will be engaging in a wide array of self care options that are in our community at low or no cost to participants. This will allow participants to try out new ways of taking care of ourselves in order to expand our inner resources. We will also be creating community and connections by inviting providers of all types to explore with us. Come join us in trying out new ways to reignite and rekindle your passion for the important work that you do for our community.We will have monthly events on Sundays, late afternoons or evenings, so locations and times may vary based on the activity and availability of the leaders for those events. Check our Facebook group for the latest events.
- In-person meetings for this group are temporarily suspended. We will instead be offering virtual gatherings to offer tips and resources for managing secondary trauma. We will also be providing wellness activities such as virtual yoga. Join our Facebook group for upcoming offerings.