The Crisis Center of Johnson County is seeking a Stewardship & Events Coordinator. This position is responsible for supporting The Crisis Center of Johnson County’s development efforts by implementing donor stewardship, engagement and cultivation efforts; managing event logistics and direct mail program; supporting executive functions; and managing organizational records. The Coordinator shall have a comprehensive understanding of fundraising best practices and ethics; the ability to manage a complex database system; familiarity with basic accounting principles; and excellent written, oral, and graphic communications skills. The Coordinator must possess a high degree of self-motivation and be passionate about the programs and services of The Crisis Center. This position will work as part of the Communications & Development and administrative teams and reports to the Communications & Development Director.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and 1 year practical experience required
- Ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Major gifts experience desired but not required.
- Experience with data entry processes and/or database management software, Bloomerang in particular.
- Familiarity with financial recordkeeping.
- Experience planning and implementing special events and/or other development efforts.
- Project management experience, in particular the coordination of complex documentation approvals with annual rolling deadlines
- Customer service and/or phone-based relationship building experience.
All elements of the application – a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples – must be submitted to be considered for the position. Persons interested in this position should send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications & Development Director
The Crisis Center of Johnson County
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240
Applications deadline Friday, Sept. 1.
The Crisis Center of Johnson County is an equal opportunity employer.