CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank, formerly The Crisis Center, is looking for a full time Mobile Crisis Outreach Coordinator. This coordinator position involves the development and management of a 24-hour Mobile Crisis Outreach Program in Johnson and Iowa Counties. The Program coordinator supervises contingent on-call mobile crisis outreach counselors and full time counselors who provide 24 hour coverage for the program. The program coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the program including but not limited to providing daytime mobile crisis coverage, hiring, scheduling, training and supervision of staff, compiling data reports, conducting client follow-up services, providing community outreach and gathering community resource information.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000
- Master’s degree in the human service field and five years of experience working in the mental health field.
- Prior Experience: Counseling, supervision and program administration at a human service agency
- Special Knowledge and Skills: Supervisory and teaching skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, counseling and suicide risk assessment
- Valid Iowa driver’s license and insurable under agency liability insurance
- Dependable transportation
- Complete required trainings at first available opportunity
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, weekends and overnights to provide staff meetings, training sessions, speaking engagements, and MCO Services, including ability to report to work quickly in emergencies
- Crisis Intervention with experience in suicide intervention, and postvention
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience assisting people with relationship difficulties, depression, stress, extreme poverty, mental illness, parenting etc.
- Previous experience working with victims of crime
- Ability to provide services with a trauma informed lens
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stressful situations
- Ability to write reports and proposals
- Fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French or Swahili
- Personal attributes such as professionalism, commitment to self-improvement and development, friendliness, tact, enthusiasm, creativity, sensitivity, sense of humor, and honesty
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm on Friday March 8th to: Beau Pinkham, Director of Crisis Services email@example.com