This position is provides counseling to clients on dispatch calls in community settings where the crisis is occurring. Respond to clients, within 60 minutes, in at least 2 of the following counties: Louisa, Washington, Keokuk and Jefferson.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for responding to mobile crisis dispatches for scheduled shift
- Complete related data entry and paperwork
- Complete required agency paperwork.
- Be accessible by telephone during all scheduled shifts.
- Arrive at any client location within one hour of being called, coordinating arrival with co-worker in any situation requiring a two person response.
- Function as an effective team member and represent the agency in a
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods, including up to 30 hours of initial training prior to dispatch
- One of the following education and/or training qualifications must be met:
1. A mental health professional as defined in Iowa Code section 228.1
2. A bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours or equivalent in a human services field (including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, nursing, education) and a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
3. A law enforcement officer with a minimum of two years of experience in the law enforcement officer’s field
4. An emergency medical technician (EMT) with a minimum of two years of experience in the EMT’s field
5. A peer support specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
6. A family support peer specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
7. A registered nurse with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
8. A bachelor’s degree in a non-human services-related field, associate’s degree, or high school diploma (or equivalency) with a minimum of two years of experience in behavioral or mental health services, and 30 hours of crisis and mental health in-service training (in addition to the required 30 hours of department-approved training
- Must complete 30 hours of department approved training or show proof of prior training within 90 days of hire
- Pass criminal records/dependent adult/child abuse checks completed by your employer.
- Dependable transportation
- Possess a valid driver’s license and provide a certified driving record if
transporting clients or coworkers
- Working telephone or means to accept dispatch calls
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Crisis Intervention with experience in suicide intervention, and postvention
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience assisting people with relationship difficulties, depression, stress, extreme poverty, mental illness, parenting etc.
- Previous experience working with victims of crime
- Ability to provide services with trauma informed practices
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently
- Ability to write reports and proposals
- Fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French or Swahili
- An appreciation for providing developmental opportunities for staff and practicum students
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to working with a team of professionals
- Personal attributes such as professionalism, commitment to self-improvement and development, friendliness, tact, enthusiasm, creativity, sensitivity, sense of humor, and honesty
- Ability to operate a computer and use basic word processing software and email
Your employer agrees to provide reimbursement at the following rates, no fringe benefits are provided:
Dispatch time: $31.84/hour. $45.48/hour for holidays.
Dispatch time is counted from the time that you receive the outreach call until you return to the crisis center and complete the paperwork.
On Call shift: $2.50/hour
Training and Meetings: $12.50/hour
Reimbursement for the use of your personal cell phone: $13.50/month if employee takes at least one shift per week.
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Aiden Rohwer-Nutter, Mobile Crisis Outreach Manager
1121 S. Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240