CommUnity is hiring a full-time Mobile Crisis Follow-Up Counselor to be a part of the Mobile Crisis Outreach Team. The counselor will be responsible for following up via phone with a large volume of Mobile Crisis clients, as well as being available for in-person dispatch on Mobile Crisis calls. Other duties include helping the Mobile Crisis Program Coordinator with information dissemination to staff, data monitoring and reporting, and support-group facilitation.
Education and Experience:
One of the following education and/or training qualifications must be met:
- A mental health professional as defined in Iowa Code section 228.1
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with 30 semester hours or equivalent in a human services field
(including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, nursing, education) and a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
- A law enforcement officer with a minimum of two years of experience in the law enforcement officer’s field
- An emergency medical technician (EMT) with a minimum of two years of experience in the EMT’s field
- A peer support specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health
- A family support peer specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental
- A registered nurse with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
- A bachelor’s degree in a non-human services-related field, associate’s degree, or high school diploma (or equivalency) with a minimum of two years of experience in behavioral or mental health services, and 30 hours of crisis and mental health in-service training (in addition to the required 30 hours of department-approved training.)
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Ability to speak Spanish, ASL, or other languages
- Prior counseling experience
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Compensation: $36,000 starting salary, with additional compensation possible based on experience beyond the requirements above
Persons interested in this position should email a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Crisis Services
319-351-2726 ext. 102
Applications will be accepted until April 5th, 2019.
CommUnity is an equal opportunity employer.