COVID-19 Update: Mobile Pantry service has been temporarily suspended.
The Mobile Food Pantry provides monthly grocery assistance to residents of underserved and/or rural residential areas in Johnson County. The Mobile Pantry offers a variety of perishable and non-perishable food items, as well as baby and household items. Clients may choose the items that work best for their family, with some limits based on household size.
Mobile Pantry Schedule
- Sunrise Village – 1st Friday 11AM-12:30PM
- Modern Manor – 1st Friday 1:30-3PM
- Ecumenical Towers – 2nd Tuesday 4:30-5:30PM
- Breckenridge Estates – 2nd Wednesday 4:00-5:30PM
- Forest View Mobile Court – 2nd Thursday 5-6PM
- Cole’s Community – 3rd Tuesday 4:00-5:30PM
- Parkview Mobile Court, Oxford – 3rd Wednesday 12-1PM
- Western Hills, Coralville – 3rd Wednesday 2:30-3:30PM
- Regency – 3rd Thursday 4:00-5:30PM
- Capitol House Apartments – 3rd Friday 3:00-4:30PM
Want text reminders for the pantry in your neighborhood?
First-Time Visit Information
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing so we can gather family information in a 15-20 minute first-time client interview.
We will ask you for your address, names and birth dates of everyone who lives with you, and income and benefits* received by everyone who lives with you. (*This information is required by some of our funders and does NOT change the amount or kind of food you will receive.)
After your first visit, you will only need to give us your name to receive assistance.
Can’t get to the mobile pantry?
Email Mobile Pantry Coordinator Jennifer De La Cruz or call 319-351-2726 ext. 129 to discuss other options.
Inclement weather policy: The Mobile Pantry will be closed when the Iowa City Community School District cancels school due to snowy or icy conditions. The Mobile Pantry will remain open during extreme cold, unless otherwise noted on CommUnity’s website. Individuals can receive emergency food assistance by calling (319) 351-0128.