Donate now using our secure online system to make a gift by credit or debit card. Please note that our credit card processing service is not compatible with Paypal. To make a donation using a Paypal account, please visit our Facebook page.
Looking for information on donating food and household items? Click here.
Winter weather is upon us, temperatures are dropping, and heating costs are climbing. Unfortunately, this winter will likely be an especially expensive one for all of us. Help our neighbors stay safe and warm with a donation to CommUnity’s Basic Needs program.
Basic Needs provides housing and utility assistance (HUAS) for hundreds of Johnson County families each year, preventing evictions and shut-offs of critical utilities like water, gas, and electricity. This winter, MidAmerican Energy, the natural gas supplier for Johnson County, expects a historic rise in natural gas prices. Along with the increasing prices at the pump and inflated grocery bills, it will be difficult for many of our neighbors to make ends meet.
In the last six months, we’ve seen an astonishing increase in requests for HUAS. With the coldest months of the year still ahead of us, we’ve already distributed our entire budget. We need your help to answer the call when our neighbors come to us with no options left.
While utility companies won’t issue shut-offs during the coldest midwest months, the bills will continue to pile up, resulting in hundreds of dollars due come spring. Your support gives our neighbors peace of mind heading into the darker days of winter.
CommUnity’s Housing and Utility Assistance program is regularly supported by individuals and faith communities through the Common Fund. We’re grateful for the sustaining partnership of the CRC and all those who contribute!
Donations by Mail
Complete our printable Donation Form and mail to:
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City IA 52240-4528
Contact Julia Winter by phone at (319) 351-2726 ext. 105 or by email at email@example.com Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank, formerly The Crisis Center, is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (tax ID 42-0955992)so your gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. We are proud to be a United Way partner agency and are grateful for support from the Johnson County Board of Supervisors, the City of Iowa City, the Consultation of Religious Communities, among other revenue sources. These allocations make up nearly 40% of our annual operating budget. The remaining 60% is provided through the generosity of businesses and individuals like you.
For more information about our Gift Acceptance Policy, please click here.